Those who have followed my blog know how important words are to me.
My heart-friends have been at the receiving end of my constant correction, “Don’t speak that over yourself!” Just this past year I quit correcting them when I realized it bothered them (ha), but I still KNOW what I KNOW.
We have the power of life and death in our tongues!
From the fruit of their mouth a person’s stomach is filled;
with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied.
The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Back in the late 80’s and early 90’s, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland ingrained this truth in my spirit! Our words create things in our lives — good OR bad!
So many people say things in jest — not meaning the words they speak, but they speak them nonetheless.
- I love you to death!
- You make me sick!
- You’re so crazy!
- That drives me crazy!
- That always happens to me!
You get the picture.
I was shocked when an acquaintance told me the other day that when she is old and has dementia … WHAT? I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I’M NOT EXPECTING TO LOSE MY MIND OR MEMORY. Where is that biblical? Satan will take full advantage of her comment.
Some of you may think I’m over the top with this, but the more I learn and the older I get — the more I see this confirmed. I know people who use the “This always happens” statement and yes, it continues to happen because they continue to confess it.
Our confession is KEY to our breakthrough!
I know many are leery of the “name it and claim it” ministers. I’m not suggesting you claim anything that isn’t written in the Word of God!
I was just watching Sid Roth on his show It’s Supernatural. I would love for you to watch this episode with Dr. Cindy Trimm! She confirmed what I have felt in my heart all along. If you click HERE you can watch Dr. Trimm’s interview.
Dr. Trimm said that she confessed Deuteronomy 28:1-14 over her family each morning. This is what I created from those scriptures:
- We are blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
- The fruit of my womb is blessed!
- Our crops are blessed!
- Our livestock is blessed!
- Our businesses are blessed and are increasing!
- We are blessed when we come in and blessed when we go out!
- Our enemies who rise up will be defeated before us.
- Our barns are blessed!
- Everything we put our hands to is blessed!
- We are blessed in the land God is giving us.
- We are blessed with abundant prosperity.
- The heavens are open over us.
- We are blessed with God’s storehouse and bounty.
- We have rain to bless the works of our hands.
- We will lend and will not need to borrow.
- We are the head and not the tail.
- We are the top and not the bottom!
Do you catch yourself speaking curses over your life? Over your health? If so, why not capture those reckless words and place them under submission?
Change what leaves your lips and believe God’s Word!
I dare you to take this challenge. Start confessing God’s Word over your life and see what happens.
God bless you!